Director, Exclusive Brands EU
Wayfair offers a wide variety of furniture and home decor to meet the needs of our diverse customer base. With such an extensive catalog, our private-label brands make it easier for our customers to find exactly what they’re looking for and connect with a selection of styles they identify with. These brands are carefully curated by Wayfair and sold exclusively on wayfair.com. They’re known for their beautiful photography, compelling creative, and well-merchandised site treatment.
Wayfair Exclusive Brands are new brands created by Wayfair and sold on Wayfair.co.uk & Wayfair.de. They consist of carefully curated furniture and décor products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base. In addition to carefully selected products, these brands are supported by beautiful lifestyle photography, well written romance copy and well merchandised site treatment.
The Exclusive Brand Europe team will not only lead assortment planning and buying in our fast growing, home-focused private label brands, they will also oversee key strategic initiatives that will lay the foundation for the business to grow substantially. Beyond that, they will collaborate closely with our US colleagues on all platform topics, leveraging US learnings & resources where possible and tailoring to EU requirements where necessary.
What You'll Do:
- Set vision, direction and strategy for Wayfair private label brands in Europe. Refine brand identities, shape product assortment and ensure product imagery and site presentation supports the brands.
- Build up and subsequently lead Exclusive Brands team of 10-15 people in Europe.
- Develop assortment plans and category strategy to achieve revenue, conversion and profitability goals, leveraging product instinct, marketplace trends and sales/conversion data
- Align product selections with marketing team for upcoming promotions/offers
- Collaborate with art directors/stylists to match product selection with compelling visual imagery
- Collaborate with site merchandising team to ensure brands are well positioned on site and products are well displayed
- Field questions and concerns from buyers and communicate specific requests with photo studio / 3D imagery team
- Lead product assortment review meetings with creative and site merchandising teams
- Develop management reports, KPIs and targets to monitor business health and implement continuous improvement.
- Attend trade shows and exhibits, conduct buying trips on a regular basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Catalog Production, Marketing, and Site Merchandising effectively to realize deadlines and contribute to overall business strategy
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Manage a team of buyers to specific revenue and margin targets
- Lead proprietary product development across key categories
- Direct process improvement initiatives across the organization to improve efficiency and workflow
What You'll Need:
- Natural instincts for recognizing visually compelling furniture and décor assortment
- Thorough command of the furniture and décor styles
- Extensive experience either at top tier consultancy, e-commerce retail company or in merchandising in the home furnishings/ fashion/ lifestyle sector
- Strong entrepreneurial and business-building mind- and skillset
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a startup atmosphere
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Analytical thinker who looks for answers in the data
- Familiarity with lifestyle brand trends and developments
- Effective manager and team motivator with experience managing 3 or more direct reports
- Process focused, with a tireless focus on quality output
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: CMGMT