Sr. Project Manager - Industrial Engineering
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Provide project management support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Design and implement complex sortation systems
- Provide change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews using statistics and quality engineering tools
- Own and manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Travel required – 40% to 60%
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering
- 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- Detail oriented skills, with strong analytical and organizational skills, and ability to be highly results oriented and proactive.
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (conveyors, sortation, robotics), Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management Systems, data mining techniques (SQL), distribution/conveyor systems, 3D drawing capabilities (demo 3D, google SketchUp), racking design, and process knowledge for distribution.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners (internal and external), manage handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- 10+ Years of hands on field work or technical background of Warehouse Management Systems is a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: SCL-WD