Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation using statistics, quality engineering tools, and metrics.
- Create and update all building layouts to fit conveyors/shelving/work stations and partner with operations team to implement setup of buildings.
- Develop and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each operation, ensuring SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis.
- Support the development of RFP’s as needed, perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology.
- Assist in building and development of a Labor Management System.
- Provide change management guidance, assist with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting.
- Travel up to 20-30%.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Detail oriented, proactive, with strong analytical and organizational skills, and excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage vendors in the design process and proposal deliveries i.e. timeline of project and delivery of proposals.
- Ability to discuss and show Return on Investment and Operational audits.
- Space planning and layout design proficiency (AutoCad) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (conveyors, sortation, robotics), data mining techniques (SQL), distribution/conveyor systems, 3D drawing capabilities (demo 3D, google sketchup), or racking design and process knowledge for distribution is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience or technical background of Warehouse Management Systems is a plus.