What You’ll Do
- The Safety Supervisor will be responsible for the implementation and adherence of all aspects of our Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (Occupational Safety/Health Program) for the site.
- Analyze accident information, identify trends and key problem areas, and communicate to site leadership.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and respond and aid in all emergency situations.
- Participate in development and implementation of hazard control method and safety procedures.
- Conduct inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Partner with Site Leadership, Engineering, and Safety Committee to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents, and promote employee engagement in health and safety programs.
- Partner with Management and Safety Committee, as well as Operations and HR, to ensure all new hires receive safety orientation, and manage annual training requirements for existing employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Identify innovative ways to grow and maintain a strong safety culture and revamp employee safety training programs as necessary.
- Partner with Regional Safety Manager and other site Safety Supervisors to leverage safety and environmental best practices into overall standards.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; case management skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal fire and safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability facilitate training and work in a team environment and achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple buildings with multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.