Senior Product Manager, Pricing Experience
Senior Product Manager, Pricing Experience
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial product manager who is passionate about creating amazing consumer experiences. As Senior Product Manager for Pricing Experience, this person in this role will own customer experience strategy and execution for some of Wayfair’s most important site elements, including the product price.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: how do we best communicate prices and pricing policies to our millions of customers? This includes but is not limited to transparency and intuitiveness of pricing display, effective communication of price changes and discounts, technical management of the underlying pricing data, etc. This role offers the opportunity to drive the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing public company, and partner with leaders across the company on a core feature.
A day-in-the-life of a Senior PM is extremely self-driven. You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious, and be willing to fill gaps where necessary to get the job done.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals related to pricing and product badging
- Craft a product vision and strategy that will help us delight our users and achieve our business goals; bring a rigorous quantitative lens to opportunity sizing and prioritization
- Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that your roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Lead your team of dedicated Engineering, Design, Analytics, and Data Science teams to execute against your roadmap. Be a champion for strong team dynamic, collaboration, product quality and team velocity.
- Be results oriented measuring the impact of your initiatives and reporting performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization; you will be communicating to all levels of the organization.
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization to ensure transparency of our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve through deeper partnership with others
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience as a product or program lead
- Proven track record of innovation building high-impact consumer products
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics; economics background a plus
- Superior communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level; demonstrated experience driving success in a highly cross-functional environment
- Bias for action and ability to work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Familiarity with quantitative tool-sets and statistics (e.g. Excel, SQL, A/B and multivariate testing practices)
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or economic backgrounds)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.