Director, Product Management, Global Payments
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences on our global web sites and apps. We are organized into focused, fully-empowered teams to operate as a startup while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
The Director, Product Management - Payments owns the vision, strategy & execution of our payment experience across our sites for customers, partners, suppliers and internal stakeholders. This is a global role spanning our current operations in US, Canada, UK and Germany.
Our size, our continuous double-digit revenue growth from our core businesses and our increasing international footprint poses many opportunities & challenges in payments. These span from local customer expectations per market, new business requirements such as accepting subscription/recurring transactions, third-party / marketplace setups, paying for services, B2B (line of credit etc.) to strategic decisions on how to position ourselves in the increasingly flexible and modular reality that is payments in ecommerce in 2019. Your role also entails ensuring best-in-class stability, performance & compliance for a $6bn+ business - including PCI compliance, fraud / risk analysis & management.
We are looking for a product leader to guide a cross-functional team of fellow product managers, data scientists, engineers, designers & analysts. You will work with partners throughout the organization to further define & build Wayfair’s payment strategy & it’s execution across all of our customers’ devices during their entire experience. In the process, you will envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers and billions of dollars in revenue.
This role presents significant technical, design, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, analytical and creative problem-solvers who are able to lead and grow a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. Perfect candidates can dive deep into technical details with fast-paced and highly talented product & engineering teams - while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our (product) organization, including executive level leadership.
What You'll Do
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning and prioritization
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of product managers and partner with engineering leadership to continually evolve the R&D organization for growth
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of Product Management at large
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated track record of successful product development execution in payments from vision to deployment and ongoing impact optimization in complex, past-paced environments
- Relevant domain experience and a passion for the strategic, business & operational aspects of payments in 2018, including fraud / risk analysis & management, ideally from experience on merchant AND PSP side
- Recognized success in directly leading & developing highly effective teams
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strong network into & reputation among payments peers in leading e-commerce companies, vendors and industry partners
- Strong spoken and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line teams
- A higher level degree of equivalent experience in a technical discipline
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.