Senior Retail Operations Manager
The Outlet offers a new way for our customers to interact and engage with Wayfair. Through our storefront in Florence, KY, customers can purchase returned goods that are in good condition while providing an attractive channel for Wayfair to monetize returned items.
What You'll Do:
- Create a delighting customer experience through merchandising and store operations.
- Drive sales and profitability of the store.
- Hire, coach and lead a team committed to operational excellence and customer experience.
- Create and maintain best in class store policy and operating procedures.
- Plan and maintain proper staffing levels to support volume variations and proper financial/budget controls.
- Develop and maintain inventory control and loss prevention best practices.
- Identify customers’ needs, and balance with operational requirements to meet customer experience standards.
- Support the overall safety strategy through partnership on development, implementation, and sustainability of safety programs.
- Possess strong space optimization and organizational skills for product and fixture storage.
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Management Team on inventory curation and process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of retail experience, with operations experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail operations.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Evidence of “scrappy start-up execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high.
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment.
- Prior warehouse operations experience.