Software Engineer - Frontend (m/f)
At Wayfair, we are solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace. Building on our profitability in North America, Europe is a major focus for growth at Wayfair with its unique market challenges and opportunities.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with a focus on efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
Who We Are
We work with thousands of suppliers for our catalog of products. In order to help drive Wayfair’s growth trajectory by increasing scalability of acquiring new suppliers, the Supplier Onboarding team develops in addition to an array of features, an intuitive, supplier-friendly, automated self-service portal.
As a software engineer in the Supplier Onboarding team, you will help build this new platform, alongside other features, creating superior experiences that exceed user expectations.
What You'll Do
- Be a key contributing member of a small team with a big impact
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineers, product managers and designers to help bring our ideas to our suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Take part in software architecture and design phases of the onboarding experience
- Prototype new features and approaches for experimentation and idea validation
- Write scalable and intuitive frontend applications based on a solid architecture
- Participate in production support for team and help individuals running point on criticals as necessary
What You'll Need
- You have experience building frontend applications with a component architecture
- You like to think about improving things around you
- You are passionate about UI, UX, design systems, and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences
- You have an analytical and creative mindset, with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- You want to grow your engineering skills rapidly
- You care about your team members and love sharing information and experience with them
- You have experience with React or Vue
- You know and love to work with CSS, including grids, flexbox, and performance optimizations
- You are proficient in oral and written communications and thrive in collaboration with other engineering teams
Nice to haves
- Experience with PHP or Node.js
- Involvement in engineering communities, meetups and conferences
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with code reviews
- An active GitHub account
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR