Senior Product Manager, Analytics Solutions
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Analytics Product Management team’s mission is to create best in class Analytics Solutions & Platforms at an enterprise level for the Wayfair business. This includes leading the planning and development of new tools, features, self-service BI, and advanced analytics capabilities. The team works closely with analysts and business stakeholders to deliver fast, actionable, intuitive platforms that power data-driven decision making across the entire organization.
We have built several custom analytics platforms that serve as the internal portals for accessing and connecting data across all aspects of our business. This specific role will be focused on driving the evolution of features and capabilities, ensuring customer success and user adoption, and ongoing evaluation of progress against goals.
What You'll Do
- You will identify the most impactful problems to solve, develop innovative solutions, and successfully launch to key stakeholders, ensuring end-user adoption and satisfaction
- You will develop the product roadmap (epics, stories, and sprints) to deliver prioritized content and capabilities to meet validated customer use cases. Articulate the value proposition for the solutions
- Build relationships and evaluate needs across all Wayfair business units to prioritize short-term and long-term objectives
- You will be the expert on how the technical details of how your products work
- Maintain a product roadmap/vision that will take the product from inception to MVP to polished product and beyond
- Interpret business requirements into technical specifications while working with Engineering to understand and overcome limitations
- Be agile in order to quickly iterate on product features and analyze effectiveness
- You will ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
What You'll Need
- You love data and have a deep background in enterprise BI, advanced analytics, and/or machine learning
- You are a creative problem solver who is interested in a highly visible role working with senior stakeholders across the organization
- 3+ years of Product Management experience and 1+ year managing Product Managers while developing analytics solutions with a proven track record of delivering meaningful business value
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. Experience with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python preferred
- Experience with analysis, data science, and experimentation tools preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast paced environment where requirements may change
- Attention to detail that makes your product stand out to its users
- Cultivate senior presences and be the leader of your products
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience