Manager, Ecommerce Strategy
Manager, Ecommerce Site Merchandising
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial and analytical Ecommerce Site Merchandising Manager to drive Wayfair.com site merchandising efforts for key areas of the business. You will be focused on building a world-class customer experience on our homepages and other high-traffic hand-curated sections of the site, and will be a key player in driving process improvements for the site and establishing merchandising best practices.
The site merchandising department is responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” experience for customers within each of the diverse product classes that make up our catalog. We are relentless about ensuring that the merchandising data, site features, and overall customer experience is the best that it can be. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
A successful Ecommerce Site Merchandising Manager combines an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, has an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy. You will build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing. As an expert on how our customers shop — you will advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. You have demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis or other similar experience. You are passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once and have proven success managing a team.
This is a unique leadership role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic to a set of high traffic top-of-funnel experiences
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic tests and cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth
- Maintain a strong vision for potential site improvements driven by passion for the customer and the Wayfair.com brand
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the site and various product categories
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Site Merchandising Associates
- Collaborate with other Site Merchandising teams and apply learnings
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site
What You'll Need
- BA with strong academic record
- 5-7+ years of experience
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with web analytics strongly preferred
- Passion for the home goods market is a plus
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.