Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (m/f)
At Wayfair, we are solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace. Building on our profitability in North America, Europe is a major focus for growth at Wayfair with its unique market challenges and opportunities.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with a focus on efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
Who We Are
We work with thousands of suppliers for our catalog of products. In order to help drive Wayfair’s growth trajectory by increasing scalability of acquiring new suppliers, the Supplier Onboarding team develops in addition to an array of features, an intuitive, supplier-friendly, automated self-service portal.
As a senior software engineer in the Supplier Onboarding team, you will take an important role in building this new platform while providing mentorship to your peers and more junior engineers, creating superior experiences that exceed user expectations.
What You'll Do
- Be a leading member of a small team with a big impact
- Take ownership of certain features and deliver them in collaboration with other engineers, product managers and designers
- Lead software architecture and design phases of the onboarding experience
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Prioritize your own work and manage timely responses to requests from users and customers
- Prototype new features and approaches for experimentation and idea validation
- Write scalable and intuitive frontend applications based on a solid architecture
- Participate in production support for team and help individuals running point on criticals as necessary
- Own communications for issue or roadblock escalation and understands when and how to do so effectively
What you'll Need
- You have a proven track record of experience building frontend applications with a component architecture
- You have experience with React or Vue
- You have a solid understanding of OOP and design patterns
- You are passionate about UI, UX, design systems, and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences
- You have an analytical and creative mindset, with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- You are experienced in giving out and receiving code reviews
- You know and love to work with CSS, including grids, flexbox, and performance optimizations
- You have a strong experience with unit and integration testing
- You maintain an active GitHub account
- You are proficient in oral and written communications and thrive in collaboration with other engineering teams
Nice to have
- Experience with PHP or Node.js
- Active contribution to engineering communities, meetups and conferences
- Team leading experience
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.