Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
At their core, Senior Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
Each senior analyst is aligned with a line of business either focused on Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Finance, Sales + Service or our core website. Whether you’re analyzing customer behavior and trends, developing new recommendations, or constructing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Storefront web, Finance, Sales & Service) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, and supply chain optimization.
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 7000 global employees.
What You Have
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Tableau a plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
We offer a fun, dynamic, and diverse work environment where casual dress is encouraged and corner offices—or any offices—are nowhere to be found. Everyone is a hands-on contributor and empowered to take smart risks, embrace ownership, and take every opportunity to grow personally and professionally.Tag: