Senior QA Automation Engineer-Storefront/UI
Wayfair is currently seeking Software QA Engineers to join us to help improve all aspects of e-commerce websites. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: We love breaking things!!!
You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of the websites UI, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that this person will provide testing for are Homepage, Navigations, Shop the Look, Media, and WayUp. Our ideal engineer has a background testing UI and fast iteration in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Work with growing QA teams to implement new processes
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- Be a quality advocate for the software / teams throughout the product life cycle
- Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
- Creatively try to break our website, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customers
Who you are:
- You enjoy breaking things
- You have desire to learn in a constantly evolving environment
- You have strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-moving cultur and a familiarity and passion for browser technology
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role with the ability to do both manual and automation testing
- You have Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- You have Codeception \ Selenium or any other UI automation tool knowledge.
- You have Familiarity with Chrome Development tools
- You are strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
- You are passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
- You have strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously and an adaptive personality with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.