Site Merchandising Specialist
Site Merchandising Specialist
When you shop online, can you instantly tell a good site from a bad one? Can you identify what would make the shopping experience easier and smoother at Wayfair? If you can use customer data, creativity and attention to detail to figure out how to make a great ecommerce site even better, then we want to talk to you.
Wayfair is looking for a Site Merchandising Specialist to help deliver a best-in-class ecommerce shopping experience. In this role you will own a specific area of our huge product catalog and be responsible for its success on the site, using a combination of category management, digital strategy and consumer analytics. You’ll become the subject matter expert in the merchandise that we sell and how our customers shop for it. You’ll constantly be evaluating and optimizing the shopping experience at Wayfair. You will be a crucial cross-functional partner to multiple teams across the organization, working together to develop and implement strategic improvements.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the department go-to person on merchandising and performance in a given area of our product catalog.
- Seek out, define and effectively drive larger scale, complicated projects independently.
- Raise difficult issues to ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner and effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Challenge the status quo and always on the lookout for ways to streamline and improve the efficiency of existing processes.
- Track the results of past actions, report out effectively and make decisions based on learning and data.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across assigned product categories.
- Research trends, opportunities and competitors to discover new ways to improve customer experience within assigned product categories.
- Mentor associates on the team and guide them towards career success.
What You'll Need
- 3-5+ years out of undergrad and has relevant work or internship experience (strong preference for experience within an e-commerce organization and/or within the home space)
- BA/BS with strong academic record
- Proactive and eager to constantly seek out opportunities to make an impact
- Demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing and advanced data analysis
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning new data analysis tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize projects and multitask to get things done
- Highly detail oriented; unafraid of complexity
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and comfortable managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to coordinate global, cross-functional projects, providing clear & constructive feedback to other teams and levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable navigating structured and unstructured data; familiarity with SQL a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.