Operations Manager- 2nd Shift
Warehouse Operations Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- The Warehouse Manager will collaborate with our Supervisor team to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues.
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity. You’ll command a strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Supervisors.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of operations management experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan. Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style. Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.