We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space, and we’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. The Logistics Safety Team is responsible for driving our safety program initiatives across our entire distribution network. We are continuously evolving our culture through an inclusive approach to health and safety with the intent to reduce the probability and severity of work related injuries and illnesses, while ensuring compliance and adding value to the overall operation. This is a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional team, and we are looking for strategic and passionate people to join us on this mission at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- Understand facility processes and permits, developing training of the facility around compliance programs, and interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Determine what environmental regulations apply for each site within Logistics Network.
- Implement and maintain applicable environmental programs to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and manage various environmental permits, including Storm Water, Air Quality, etc.
- Ensure appropriate environmental regulatory and program training for all personnel is accomplished.
- Determine regulatory requirements and applicability of emergency equipment needed in the facility. Monitor the use and condition of such equipment.
- Investigate industrial accidents, determines exceedances and reporting requirements; report or review findings with management team.
- Maintain and control all department related documents and records (internal/external).
- Develop emergency preparedness plan for all potential environmental emergency situations.
- Seek and propose new methods to control environmental hazards and reduce facility’s environmental exposures and impacts.
- Maintain all reporting requirements on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis for air, waste water, storm water discharges and hazardous waste generation/disposal.
- Partner with site leadership for applicable environmental reporting, such as RCRA, SPCC, Tier II, etc.
- Reduce or minimize disposal for all waste streams.
- Maintain all documentation for Environmental, as legally required.
- Participate in corrective actions; define implement and follow-up on problems as they occur.
- Other related duties as assigned or required
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management or related degree or experience.
- Professional certification in Environmental is a plus. (i.e. Certified Hazardous Materials Management, Certified Environmental Manager, P.E., etc.).
- 7+ years of in environmental field.
- Excellent communication skills both oral, written and math. Organizational ability, detail-mindedness. Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications, including Word and Excel.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: SCL-WD