Full Stack Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer- Internal Products
Join the Development Platforms team to help us make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience. On the Development Platforms team, you'll build world-class tools, systems, and automation; grow relationships with dozens of talented engineering teams; and become a force multiplier for >800 engineers. Extensive experience in software development and solving technical problems at the human level is paramount to success.
What You'll Do
- Envision how engineering-wide tools and systems such as version control, custom command-line tools, alerting and logging infrastructure, automated testing platforms, and more all come together to create a delightful engineering experience.
- Proactively reach out to teams to build relationships, discover opportunities, and champion changes which reduce friction, and empower engineers.
- Distill their years of experience in the industry to apply best practices, quality standards, and architectural decisions to an ever-growing codebase in the midst of a rapidly moving engineering organization.
- Drive architectural decisions that shape the way >800 software engineers at Wayfair get their work done.
- Be a relentless advocate for the engineering experience by gathering feedback, proposing solutions, and taking ideas from proof-of-concept to production.
- Support and mentor new members of the team as well as engineers throughout the organization
What You'll Need
- Possess a strong conviction that delivering a delightful development experience to large engineering teams is a challenging, rewarding, and highly impactful endeavor.
- Have experience managing large scale software systems and/or teams, either in an open- or closed-source situation.
- Believe that technology problems cannot be solved in a vacuum, and are quick to establish and leverage relationships to deliver excellent results.
- Entice others into taking action. Comfortable speaking to peers of varying levels of experience to persuade people into taking action.
- Understand that today’s best practices eventually become tomorrow’s bad habits. Always challenging your own personal tools to find better / more efficient ways of getting things done.
- Able to work from unknowns to solutions through feedback and investigation.
- Experience with Puppet, Docker (or other forms of containerization), Vagrant, VirtualBox or VMware, Selenium and/or Codeception.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: