Leader of Foundational Data Architecture
The Leader of Foundational Data Architecture role is a highly-visible and strategic position within the rapidly growing Analytics Infrastructure organization at Wayfair. This leader will nurture a core foundational data organization to collect, archive, and enrich data across Wayfair’s global environment. The role requires a strategic thinker who can collaborate with senior leaders within the engineering teams producing data and the business teams consuming them. The Leader of Foundational Data Architecture identifies the right solutions, aligns the right resources and oversees a team of talented data professionals and leaders to tackle these problems. Our foundational data team provides the core datasets driving realtime and strategic insight across the organization.
What You'll Do
- Align with senior leadership to define and develop the data and analytic solutions roadmap for the company's most important initiatives.
- Own and develop long term product strategy and delivery of data products, for stakeholder groups across Wayfair
- Lead several teams to develop core data assets used by data professionals across the company, including hundreds of data scientists and thousands of analysts
- Develop a strategic working relationship with cross-functional leaders and align these solutions to their KPI's, levers, strategy and business goals.
- Provide leadership with corporate initiatives by working with senior leadership and acting as a thought partner with a cross functional leadership team.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of highly talented data professionals working with petabyte scale datasets and rigorous SLAs
- Prioritize resources and hiring across multiple areas by balancing short-term needs with longer-term initiatives.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated success working with senior leadership and executives to develop a data and analytic solutions roadmap, and provide recommendations that drive business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, and innovative data and analytic solutions organizations.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Architectures, OLAP technologies, BI Tools and traditional and big data technologies.
- Experience leading the development of custom built analytics and reporting solutions.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR