Director of Workforce Management-Supply Chain
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Workforce Management team plays a key role in staffing, scheduling and monitoring Wayfair’s Fulfillment & Distribution operation. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class fulfillment network that allows us to create the most efficient operation possible, while meeting the needs of the business, our staff and our leadership partners.
What You'll Do
- Lead the continuous optimization of Workforce Management- including but not limited to; Forecasting, Staffing, Resource Planning and Scheduling
- Partner with Regional & Site Directors within fulfillment operations and other cross functional leaders to develop staffing strategies that align to the overall Wayfair model.
- Drive the overall strategy & methodology for development of new operational analytics to measure success of the Supply Chain Workforce Management Program
- Responsible for hiring, ongoing training, coaching and development, and performance management with the Workforce Management team.
- Maintain open lines of communication and manage relationships with these parties to ensure optimal performance & adherence to WFM processes and policies
- Provide oversight for multiple simultaneous workforce related projects and ensures the team uses efficient processes with steps to ensure an accurate output.
- Allocate appropriate resources to all efforts and ensures initiatives are delivered on time.
- Create the most efficient workforce possible, while maintaining a consistent world class customer experience across all channels
- Manage special projects to gather insights into the business and fulfillment center performance; contributing to the critical initiatives of the broader operations group. Learn new workflow technologies and make data driven decisions for project deliverables
- Command a strong senior presence and build a large team of high-performing, diverse & dynamic team
- Responsible for problem solving situations; requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis
What You'll Need
- 10+ years work experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience managing multi-level teams including success building and scaling teams
- Ability to think both creatively and critically—willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Ability to effectively partner, influence and generate loyalty with customers (suppliers)
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, entrepreneurial and subjective environment that balances operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer and supplier.
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Technologically savvy, collaborative confident leader, familiarity with google suite products a plus
- Proven success in developing ideas into executable projects with measurable outcomes.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.