Analytics Manager, Merchandising
Are you excited about using data to drive highly valued insights? Do you want to join a rapidly growing and constantly evolving team? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional, and collaborative work environment? Wayfair Merchandising is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and process-driven Manager to join our Merchandising Analytics leadership team as Merchandising continues our ambitious plan to build the best online catalog for all things home. The Merch Analytics team’s mission is to inform and drive business decision making with data, standardize metrics and KPIs, and increase departmental efficiency through process optimization and automation.
What You'll Do
- Translate complex business problems into specific questions that can then be answered through data-driven analysis
- Partner with various stakeholders to identify project requirements, obtain buy-in for project methodology, and integrate your solutions into daily operational processes
- Analyze big data to extract valuable insights, opportunities, and action items that influence our operations
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations so your insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Become a subject matter expert on our Merchandising data sets, reporting, and analytics tools
- Proactively identify efficiency opportunities within the department, then architect and implement solutions
- Manage a team of Data Analysts
- Partner with BI team and business stakeholders to create reporting and dashboard solutions for the organization
- Design and develop methodologies using R/Python for analyzing catalog performance and identifying actionable trends and correlations
- Begin development “bots” using Python to programmatically scrape merchandising content from supplier and manufacturer websites and oversee an expansion of the initiative
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional work experience in technology or other analytical roles
- A blend of strong technical aptitude and business acumen with a passion for solving complex business problems with data and technology
- Organized and process-oriented with strong communication skills and the talent to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SQL and Python as well as a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Positive, enthusiastic, and people-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Experience with Excel VBA and/or R-Studio are a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.