Product Manager, Category Page Navigation
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Product Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As a Product Manager on the Category Page team focused on the Navigation lane, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts and other internal partners to envision, build and deliver customer experiences that help millions of customers navigate our immense catalog to find the products that meet their needs. You will transform quantitative and qualitative data into insights, strategy and new features -- all to ultimately make it ultra-fast and easy for our users to where they want to go. You will define and own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep a pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customers and our business. If you’re doing it right, you’ll have a ton of fun and be learning every day.
What You’ll Do
- Build, maintain and execute the Category Page Navigation roadmap, delivering an awesome user experience to get our customers to the products their looking for, more effectively and efficiently than ever
- Collaborate closely with the team that manages the organization of our catalog, to unite our goals, build capabilities that unlock both our teams’ potential and improve the tools that team relies on to get their jobs done
- Evangelize your product roadmap, motivating your team and gaining buy-in from your stakeholders and partners
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data, gathered through AB testing, user experience research and studying competitors, to understand customer needs; transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure the impact of your product enhancements
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years product management experience; 4+ years total professional experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights, preferably with experience AB testing
- Strong communication skills and experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and love of customer-focused innovation
- Comfort with technical concepts and the ability to actively participate in technical conversations
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning about new technologies and creative solutions, and enthusiasm for exploring new ideas
- Familiarity with SQL, deep technical proficiency and/or engineering experience a big plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: PMGMT