Senior Analyst, Wayfair Promotions Renovation
Senior Analyst, Wayfair Promotions
The Promotions team drives outsized growth for the business by showcasing the best of Wayfair (e.g., special offers, curated assortments, attractive value propositions like fast delivery and financing) through fresh content that reinforces our brand and fuels personalization across customer touchpoints. This team quarterbacks the company’s approach towards major shopping holidays and key brand moments like “Way Day”. They accomplish all of this by working directly with suppliers on exposure strategies and funding plans. Promotions, like Category Management, is also a general management track, but with a stronger orientation towards both Marketing and Merchandising. Promotions category leaders, and their teams, are held accountable for a promotional “P&L”, which is driven by the quality of their category exposure strategies, funding plans and content portfolio.
What You'll Do
- Design and build solutions to empower team members and direct stakeholders to self-serve analytical needs.
- Use creativity to identify new data sets, and use existing data sets in new ways, to answer emerging business questions
- Comprehend, extract, and present information from multiple data sources including sales, clickstream, pricing, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Profit Management, and Category Management) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within Wayfair Promotions to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Be solution-oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision-making
- Have an immediate and lasting impact on the acceleration of Wayfair’s strong top-line growth
What You'll Need
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; extensive experience with Excel required and Tableau a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver results within a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to dive deep to obtain a strong understanding of business strategy and financial goals.
- Ability to assess risk and present recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus.
- Management consulting or other professional services a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: CMGMT