Senior Associate, Metadata Operations
Senior Associate, Metadata Operations
The Visualization team is a new and rapidly growing team at Wayfair, working on highly visible projects and driving innovation daily.
Traditionally consumers shop their home in-person, preferring to “see, touch, and feel”. Wayfair breaks this mold with a new world of visual immersion that aims to not only match but eclipse the brick & mortar shopping experience. The Visualization team drives how we use rich visuals and engaging media to inform, inspire, and educate our customers throughout the funnel - implementing new approaches and technologies to anticipate her needs and make her feel right at home without leaving home.
Our team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals, and it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work. Applicants must be ready to work autonomously, evangelize our vision, and relentlessly drive results. This individual will be critical to the team’s ability to deliver a “best-in-class” customer experience across our entire product catalog and to scale at a rapid pace.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to metadata strategy for how we tag imagery and media, which includes what tags we need, how we capture tags, how we consume and use tags, how we scale, etc.
- Define tagging standards across imagery and rich media
- Create and maintain tagging guidelines for all media metadata schemas
- Prioritize and triage incoming requests
- Unpack a complex and intricate data collection system to uncover inefficiencies, identify opportunities, and integrate improvements
- Develop communication strategy for distributing metadata guidelines to internal and external partners
- Establish best practices, integrate into our processes, and advocate across the organization
- Ensure data collection needs work in harmony with growth plans to ensure scalability
- Establish metadata best practices and integrate into our process
- Consult with cross functional partners on implementation and execution of workflows
- Oversee internal and offshore tagging resources
- Set key roadmap initiatives and milestones
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to define infrastructure requirements
- Ask hard questions and challenge boundaries
- Work against a timeline to drive key milestones to completion, and communicate progress to stakeholders
An ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record
- 2+ years of e-commerce, data analytics, or management consulting experience
- Background in establishing and/or executing on quality metrics
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks while managing multiple projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity
- Strong work ethic and highly collaborative
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to adapt to a data-driven and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Typeform or other online form development is a plus
- Proficiency with SQL, Vertica, or Tableau is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.