The Trainer will conduct and facilitate various training programs, including new hire onboarding, coaching and progressive development of basic sales and customer service behaviors, ongoing up-skill training, as well as other training dictated by business needs.
Responsible for identifying training needs, training sales and service staff, and developing training materials as needed. Includes initial orientation/new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, and project-specific training for sales &service staff. The primary audience will be call center employees, but may include other employees.
- Work with sales and service teams to ensure training consistency across sites and within training team
- Lead classroom training using sound facilitation techniques and monitor new employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner and tracked for completion
- Design and develop training materials as needed for classroom use
- Develop and conduct new hire onboarding training, as well as other training as needed
- Provide on-the-job coaching and performance management of new hires during nesting
- Provide regular performance reporting of new hires during nesting to operational management team
- At least 2 years prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting, with training experience in a call center environment preferred, or a degree in a learning & development field.
- At least 2 years prior experience as a sales trainer in a classroom setting, with training experience in a call center environment preferred, or a degree in a learning & development field.
- Experience coaching and training teams
- Proven ability to create training materials using basic instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups, preferably in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; must be flexible and able to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs including nights and weekends.
- Proven ability to work well as a team player as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Good organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in a call center is preferred.
- Virtual facilitation experience utilizing Adobe Connect a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to coach ongoing skills development, as well as address performance issues and trends
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen.
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations