Warehouse Lead (1st Shift)
Wayfair is looking for a 1st Shift Warehouse Lead to assist supervisors with managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse, ensuring smooth operations of all activities, and supervising warehouse associates.
What You'll Do
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading the team.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product.
- Conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (eg. Time clocks)
- Answer email/verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving at all times.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
What You'll Need
- Working understanding of WMS system.
- Understanding of High Jump a plus.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- Motivational skills/ability to motivate others
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO)
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
- Minimum two years working experience
- Must have excellent attendance, willing to work any shift