Product Manager, Search & Retrieve
Our group, Wayfair Asset Management is responsible for the collection, management, and distribution of digital assets throughout the business. We are powering Wayfair's evolution to 3D-first merchandising strategy. As a part of this group, you will create & drive a roadmap aimed at improving our Search & Retrieval experience. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand asset needs; identify gaps in current search capabilities; define product design & functional requirements; and work with UX designer and engineers to drive business impact. This is an organization impacting role for someone proficient in digital media and/or cloud storage products.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for digital asset search & retrieval
- Disseminate progress updates to key stakeholders across Visualization, Asset Production, Media Management & Metadata, Site Merchandising, and Marketing
- Identify, track, and improve search workflows in the Wayfair Asset Management platform
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to gather and process insights to craft an overarching vision
- Work with UX team to translate requirements into user-friendly, technologically performant design.
- Engage with Wayfair’s creative teams to gather feedback and deepen our understanding of user needs.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and senior managers to ensure our vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- Sample projects include: leveraging product attribute (e.g material, style, color) data to drive discovery of like and complementary products, partnering with storefront to drive a more algorithmic discovery experience.
- Lead a small team of product associates to drive product management and roadmaps across key functional areas.
What You'll Need
- 4-7 years product management experience working with search or workflow platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or a technical business discipline preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- Very organized; able to prioritize information/tasks among wide range of inputs
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: PMGMT