Human Resources Generalist
Wayfair is seeking a Human Resources Generalist for warehouse location in San Leandro, CA. This position will typically follow a M-F and some flexibility to work a rotating Saturday, 2:00 PM-10:00 PM or 3:00 PM- 11:00 PM schedule, with some flexibility needed occasionally.
As a member of the Human Resources Team, you will impact the lives of every Wayfair team member through benefits administration, management of employee-focused policies, new employee onboarding, and employee engagement and relations. The Human Resources team makes sure the fun, hardworking, and innovative culture of Wayfair are constants in the work lives of our employees.
What You'll Do
- Participate in employee relations and employee engagement activities
- Data entry and maintenance of the employee database using various HRIS systems
- Prepare for and assist with new-hire onboarding
- Support performance management and compensation administration
- Assist with benefits programs, including annual open enrollment, and participate in benefits administration
- Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
- Work closely with Workforce Management (WFM) and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience in a dedicated HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems