Demand Forecasting & Data Analytics Manager (m/f)
Wayfair is in the midst of a rapid buildout of physical assets across Europe. The strategic buildout enables unique supply chain efficiencies and customer delivery experiences. To execute this strategic vision, Wayfair needs to create innovative demand forecasting models and inventory management systems that ensure efficient deployment of capital for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers. Improving demand forecasting is a key strategic initiative at the company and is highly visible function. European demand forecasting uses in-depth analytics and business acumen to make smart and strategic demand and supply planning decisions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company, ranging from Data Science, Operations Research, Product, Engineering, CastleGate Operations/Account Management, and Merchandising/ Category Management/ Promotions. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics to help frame business strategy and drive decision-making.
We’re looking for a data driven manager with strong technical skills, natural curiosity, and an ability to translate highly technical material to business stakeholders. Someone with an affinity for solving business problems by quantitative means who can keep an eye on the bigger picture while diving deep into our technology infrastructure and data sets.
You will join a small team of Data Scientists and Analysts focused on creating the models and infrastructure to enable the wider team to successfully execute state-of-the-art Inventory Management in support of the unit’s overall business objectives. Within that team you will manage and own the product demand forecast which supports the entire European business. We offer you exciting puzzles to wrap your head around, a friendly and engaging team from which you can learn plenty (and who will want to learn from you) and an exciting atmosphere in a group where business outcomes really depend on your contribution.
What You’ll Do:
- Design & execute algorithms and systems to maintain and improve demand forecasting
- Drive continuous improvement to machine learning models by sourcing and testing additional classifiers and features
- Use big-data systems (Vertica, Hadoop, Hive) to monitor customer buying patterns, product in stock rates and more
- Drive strong relationships across stakeholder teams to define the roadmap and prioritize resources effectively
- Conduct analyses and build advanced reporting using Python, SQL, R and Excel to showcase performance trends and program improvements to senior management
- Lead/mentor a strong team of analysts
What You’ll Need:
- Previous experience in quantitative roles (including direct interactions with business stakeholders and managing direct reports)
- Advanced experience with Excel and proficiency in SQL (or a system of equal complexity)
- Proficiency and professional experience in programming required (e.g. R, VBA, Java, Python)
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or other technical field
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
- Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ANLT-OA