Marketing Automation Associate
Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence (ATCI) builds products that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. Wayfair has a huge selection of products and offerings that make shopping for the home easy and exciting. Our goal is to use data-driven strategies to talk to the customer about the product they want, regardless of where they are or what stage of their shopping journey they are in. We are at the intersection of product, marketing, data science and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. As a Campaign Specialist for the Notifications team, your job is to utilize technical skills, great attention to detail, problem solving inventiveness, and communication skills to develop and launch intricate automated marketing campaigns that reach millions of customers every day. These campaigns deliver emails, send push notifications, tell customer service who to call and much more. When our self-service platform cannot deliver on campaign needs, the campaign specialist will use more technically advanced methods to build and deploy those campaigns, combining JSON, HTML, API calls, and other tech to solve the problems that arise.
What You'll Do
- Work with the campaign team to scope marketing projects and translate them into action plans and technical requirements.
- Supply internal marketing stakeholders with technical product and platform expertise, and creative applications of existing solutions to support unique campaign requests or requirements.
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver custom solutions in a timely matter to support campaign needs that are beyond the current abilities of the notifications platform. Utilize your technical expertise in order to do so.
- Assist with tracking, measuring and utilizing requests for non-standard campaign experiences to inform future product enhancements.
- Interface with, supply requirements to, and develop solutions with Engineering as needed.
- Spearhead and take ownership of technical issues, and work with our product and engineering teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- You will be expected to develop a foundational understanding of marketing automation, but a prior knowledge is not necessary.
What You'll Need
- Written and verbal skills; comfortable explaining technical concepts and issues in simple terms to a non-technical audience.
- Technical aptitude: Able to understand high-level technologies in a business setting and is seen and valued as a subject matter expert.
- Debugging/troubleshooting skills with a great attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, and extremely organized.
- Solid understanding of key web technologies (You understand the meanings of URL, HTTP, FTP, etc.)
- Client-facing experience.
- Familiarity with APIs.
- Experience with Email Marketing or E-Commerce.
- Programming experience in any language.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.