Promotions Platform and Operations Manager (m/f)
The Promotions team in Berlin is looking to add a Manager to their group! This person will act as centralized resource to align and steer Promotions initiatives with key cross-functional partners.
Objectives are to drive cost savings (enabling sharp consumer pricing) while ensuring product availability and alignment with the broader commercial strategy. This role will also oversee the suite of promotional discount sourcing and activation tools for EU, and generate efficiencies within Promotions by streamlining/automating legacy processes and driving the development of new tools. There are virtually no limits to how you can grow your role – we love an entrepreneurial spirit!
What You’ll Do
- Orchestrate joint Category Management and Promo Buying initiatives. Support planning for major retail holidays (e.g. Black Friday), conduct kick-offs (e.g. campaign sourcing process) and training sessions (e.g. tool onboarding). Manage Promotions timelines and resources, track discount coverage, depth, and quality over time, and focus sourcing efforts
- Manage information flow between Promo and Operations. Align on planning processes and timelines, define concrete forums and interfaces. Ensure commercial interests are aligned with operational constraints, and expected promotional uplifts reflected in forecast models
- Own the EU Promotions event and discount tool and process landscape (in collaboration with Product Management). Deeply understand the Promo process and tool landscape. Provide "1st line of defense" for troubleshooting in EU and consolidate/prioritize change requests. Act as thought partner to central Product Management teams, support roll-outs, and ensure tool parity across geographies
What You’ll Need
- The ability to successfully manage a large number of interfaces and competing priorities
- Strong communication and coaching skills, with a knack for cutting through complexity
- A passion for digging deep into processes and tools, and for weeding out inefficiencies
- A bias to action, and a strong will to drive measurable business results and make change "stick"
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: CMGMT