Director of Product Management, Media
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
We have a massive opportunity to create value for Wayfair, our customers, and our suppliers with our Media business. The team is growing, the business is growing, and it’s time for the right senior product leader to take the helm and grab this value.
We are looking for a seasoned, senior product leader to drive the 5-10x growth we believe is possible for our existing business, catapulting us into a world-class offering to suppliers and non-suppliers who want to advertise with and on Wayfair. This is a transformative business for Wayfair, and for the right product leader, it’s a transformative career opportunity. We need a product leader who’s fearless with their ambition to build products and businesses from the ground-up, envisioning and then executing an aggressive strategy, and exceptional in their ability to grow a team of high performing product managers.
As the Director of Product Management for Media, you will assume a senior role in leading a 50+ person STO (single threaded organization), of which there are only 90 in the entire company. You will be the head of product for something that can change the trajectory of Wayfair. You will be responsible for enriching our current advertising offering and building new products that accelerate our growth. You will lead a team of product managers who will bring this vision to life.
What You'll Do
- Grow the Media business by establishing a vision, developing a strategy, and executing a product roadmap for our Media Product portfolio and platform that delivers top line revenue growth.
- Partner with the Media Business GM and the extended Media team to ensure alignment of business priorities to product strategy and execution
- Collaborate with senior leaders and executives across Wayfair to evangelize the product vision and strategy for Media, gaining alignment and unblocking progress where necessary
- Lead a fast-growing team cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and Designers, building strong team culture and developing exceptional talent for the Product Managers on your direct reporting line. Current product organization consists of several dedicated product managers, a dedicated engineering team and dedicated product design and analytics resources. This is a rapidly growing part of our business and this team needs to succeed and grow with your leadership
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years Product management experience (including 3+ years digital Media product management experience, e.g. AdTech, MarTech, Publisher, or Ecommerce)
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Experience working with or on ad-serving platforms, systems, tools, and/or customer experience preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.