Operations Manager, Design Services
Wayfair is looking for a creative, driven, customer-focused Operations Manager to help scale one of our newest businesses. Design Services is Wayfair’s e-design service that connects third party interior designers with customers looking to create a home they love at an affordable price. Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, this role will be responsible for managing our designer community (acquiring, retaining, and engaging designers in our program) and working cross-functionally to help drive initiatives as we scale the business. Based in Boston, the ideal candidate works at both a tactical level (analyzing data, solving operational problems real-time, pivoting between projects quickly) while identifying and escalating strategic opportunities for the overall success of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Attract, recruit and onboard top designers for our growing Design Services community; manage a book of interior designers
- Responsible for making sure we have top quality designers on our platform who are well trained and prepared to deliver a consistent high quality customer experience
- Maintain designer community center and determine designer perks & benefits, achieving high designer retention and satisfaction
- Measure designer performance and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Continuously solicit feedback from designers to identify opportunities to grow and improve the Design Services offering
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to ensure user insights are incorporated via content throughout the Design Services experience
- Partner with the Design Services leadership team to drive initiatives that will help us in our goal to make Design Services the best platform for e-design
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of experience in operations, marketing, project management, or customer success
- Ability to move quickly, deal with ambiguity, and re-assess requirements as we quickly scale the business
- Excellent cross-functional organization, communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you don’t shy away from speaking with our users and are capable of building a new relationship where none exists (experience managing external partner relationships a plus)
- Creative problem solving leveraging data analysis and metrics to identify opportunities, transforming goals into actionable plans, developing and implementing new processes
- Fluency with CRM tools a plus
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces, ecommerce platforms, mobile apps and web, operations or start-ups is a strong plus
- You are passionate about interior design and excited to learn and grow, helping others do the same!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.