Asia Consolidation Product Quality and Process Improvement Leader
Asia Consolidation Product Quality and Process Improvement Leader (L4)
Our new Asia Consolidation (AC) service offering provides the opportunity to establish critical capabilities that will enable us to drive quality and process excellence further upstream than ever before. This leader will have four key focus areas:
- Establish AC Inbound Quality Control to identify and reject compromised product: Measure the quality of incoming product at a “first Wayfair” touch point, significantly more upstream than our domestic induction points.
- Coordinate Factory Engagements to identify opportunities for unique value add for Wayfair: Manage the relationship with supplier factories in Asia (and potentially third party audit agencies) to identify the root cause of quality issues, determine corrective actions, track implementation and measure effectiveness.
- Define Best Practices to reduce in transit damage: Define, implement and sustain standard operating procedures for how to minimize product damage across various transit phases: loading @ factory, inland dray, ocean container loading, etc., and also ensure appropriate trade-offs (e.g. maximize cube utilization while ensuring product safety).
- End to end Process Definition/Standardization: Establish and implement lean and efficient processes that maximize value across the inbound supply chain from factories in Asia all the way to fulfillment center putaway.
This leader will be tasked with developing the strategy and execution plan to bring these capabilities to life. The goal is to leverage lessons learned from our North American efforts in these areas, but to define a model that works for this new and evolving induction point. AC sites are unique in that they induct product into our network (similar to FCs), consolidate and crossdock with minimal storage (similar to Pool Points) and builds containers for CastleGate (similar to a supplier factory). Further in a number of situations AC will also be handling product ex works which requires additional upstream QC control. These new use cases require a strong, entrepreneurial thought leader to define the vision, understand the nuances, establish an ecosystem of partners across geographies to work with, and work cross functionally with global inbound teams to develop a sound approach to launch these new capabilities.
- Define the vision for AC product quality and build the strategy and business case to gain leadership buy-in
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand their requirements and develop solutions that satisfies all business needs
- Design and deploy inbound quality processes and physical flow within our CFS sites to identify and reject compromised product
- Develop inbound targeting approach; lead tech and process development and establish feedback mechanisms to continuously refine targeting logic
- Design the physical layout of the QC department that minimizes waste and applies lean concepts such as 6S, flow, visual controls, Kanban, pull systems, etc.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels by site and shift and collaborate closely with third party CFS sites to resource
- Partner with Product Handling to develop and deploy container loading best practices to ensure product safety while maximizing cube utilization
- Develop SOPs and simple Dos and Don’ts documentation
- Coordinate rollout across all CFS sites
- Measure adherence and develop an approach to address deviation
- Develop all relevant training materials and coordinate training of both Wayfair and third party staff on how to execute open & inspect and container loading processes
- Drive ongoing process improvement to continuously optimize and eliminate waste
- Significant travel, 50%+ (to US 2x per year)
- Fluent in English and at least one of Mandarin, Cantonese or Vietnamese
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or business preferred)
- Experience leading process design and improvement efforts
- Experience working on the ground in consolidation or crossdock facilities
- E-commerce experience a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking._
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.