Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f)
Who We Are: Our Supplier Extranet Team builds, maintains, and supports a variety of applications and analytical tools for over 14,000 suppliers, handling 750,000 product orders per month to connect customers to suppliers and carriers. As we scale, we are looking for a talented User Experience (UX) Manager with a diverse portfolio, demonstrating mastery of craft to create positive outcomes for both customers and the business.
Wayfair's design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help take our user experience to the next level, bringing experience in UX design and a strategic mindset to achieve our collective business goals.
We want to see how you’ve designed engaging experiences, on top of previously managing, coaching, and inspiring a growing team of designers. Your demonstrated skill set spans all areas of design: Analysis of user needs, architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. Working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences is a standard part of your expertise.
What You'll Do:
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision, and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations.
- Detailed visuals and/or mockups.
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables.
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites and provide meaningful analysis of your findings.
- Prioritize, plan, and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: User interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, and card sorting.
Who You'll Need:
- Experienced with consumer brands — a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce or B2B.
- Effective people manager and coach.
- A track record of delivering end-to-end design guidelines and solutions.
- Able to clearly present your work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions behind it.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Have an online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user: E-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR