Machine Translation Specialist (m/f)
Wayfair is one of the fastest growing companies on the planet with $7bn in annual sales and 45% year-over-year growth. We believe that everyone deserves to live in a home they love, and we are committed to become the world’s #1 destination for everything in your home.
Wayfair’s European Headquarters in Berlin is looking for a talented Machine Translation (MT) Specialist to further drive our growth in that area. As the Wayfair Localization team, we ensure that our customers can enjoy our site in their local language. Shopping for the home should be exciting and we are the team that ensures this globally and on a large scale.
English is our official language in Berlin (German is not required), where our colleagues represent over 70 countries and work in an open and collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Select the best MT solution per locale and ensure seamless integration with our systems, in collaboration with our dedicated Product Managers and Engineers
- Train, deploy, maintain and improve our MT systems in production
- Analyze and report on the accuracy and performance of MT models and systems
- Define continuous quality improvement processes for the MT engines
- Troubleshoot and resolve engine issues and support related queries from the business
- Manage Translation Memories and ensure entries can be leveraged for MT engine training at scale
- Design scripts to solve issues in training data, source files or extract data from our SQL database
- Collaborate with in-house linguists to ensure MTPE based processes run effectively and efficiently
Who You Are
- Degree in computing or similar discipline
- MT management experience in the translation/localization industry
- Understanding of localization engineering workflows, tools and industry needs
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Scripting experience, e.g. in SQL
- Good communication skills and bias for action
- Team player with an energetic attitude who wants to work in an international, agile and fast-moving company that rewards initiative
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily based on real-time data
- Interest and experience in different languages or cultures
- Ability to speak a second language (preferred)
Your Experience Includes
- You have worked on machine translation roles in a commercial, ideally e-commerce context
- You owned targets and KPIs relating to the improvement of MT engines and/or commercial KPIs
- You managed cross-functional projects and successfully engaged with stakeholders from other teams/departments
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: