Engineering Department Coordinator/Executive Assistant (M/F)
At Wayfair, we believe that everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items.
With operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 1600 engineers. We are making a significant investment to grow our Engineering capability in Berlin as our team here continues to drive tremendous growth for the business. In Berlin, we have engineers in the following teams: Development Platforms, Supplier Extranet, Order Management, Merchandising, Transportation and Warehousing.
As Engineers, we work closely with our business and product counterparts and we get a significant level of responsibility for the success of our products - from idea to production deployment and operations. Every product at Wayfair can have impact at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate the execution of initiatives for the Engineering department
- Manage the day-to-day administration and coordination of all areas requiring support
- Manage calendars for Directors with the ability to schedule and prioritize meetings, resolve schedule conflicts, and stay several steps ahead to maintain efficiency
- Handle travel arrangements (int’l and domestic)
- Schedule and coordinate numerous weekly and ad hoc meetings
- Interact with key contacts both internal and external
- Represent the team in a positive way to people outside the company
- Act as point person for international visitors and 3rd parties
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sufficient experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant for senior-level executives
- Experience as a Chief of Staff at a start-up or in other fast-paced environments preferred
- Ability to be assertive and give push-back as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong planning and forward-thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and situations before they are fully developed
- Advanced proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Extremely high level of discretion pertaining to confidential information
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Flexible and able to handle ad-hoc issues that may arise outside of core business hours
- Project management skills preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR