GM, Growth and Innovation, CastleGate
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. This is a distinct competitive advantage for Wayfair and one that will be the main driver to our future growth and success. CastleGate is growing quickly, and at the same time our service offering is expanding rapidly, which introduces both more power and more complexity to the solutions we offer. Continuing to drive this rapid progress will require a senior leadership team capable of building and executing strategy, developing innovative and high caliber teams, and partnering with suppliers at the most senior levels to advise them on making transformational decisions about the way they operate. We are looking for a General Manager for our Growth and Supply Chain team. As part of the CastleGate executive team, you will manage a team who can build innovative strategies tailored to multiple product categories, and lead the execution of those strategies. The General Manager will grow and lead a high-caliber team that is building deep, highly-integrated, trust-based relationships with our supplier-partners; and will act as a senior sponsor to develop key accounts. He or She will actively coordinate with other senior leaders across Wayfair who work on in these categories, and will be a member of the senior leadership team at CastleGate that defines overall CastleGate strategy. The Director will report to the Global General Manager of CastleGate. Due to the high visibility of this role, the GM must possess strong senior presence that will enable him or her to advise and persuade C-level leaders at the supplier organizations we partner with, and operate effectively at the highest levels internally at Wayfair. Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively, and an ability to hit the ground running.
What You'll Do
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the overall success of Wayfair.
- Drive revenue while managing profitability and supplier experience.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and driven individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
- Build and develop a team of Enterprise Account Managers, and coordinate the efforts of multiple other teams supporting the buildout of CastleGate in your vertical.
- Determine how to most effectively commercialize the rapidly expanding set of CastleGate services in the product vertical, identifying and implementing innovative solutions for creating value in the supply chain.
- Act as an ecommerce advisor to suppliers, building deep relationships with suppliers typically at the CEO and COO level.
- Example of team activity: explain to suppliers why and how to join CastleGate Canada in order to expand their business into a new geography. Determine how to appropriately price and structure the agreement to drive growth, profitability, and supplier satisfaction.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years experience in one of the following fields: strategy consulting, business development, and/or a successful entrepreneur who has built enterprise product/service offerings, especially in the technology and/or logistics space
- MBA from top tier school
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams, to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to achieve objectives
- Articulate, persuasive communicator, able to earn the trust and buy-in of senior executives
- Have strong analytical experience, and comfortable operating with large data sets to generate insight and actionable conclusions
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solution
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: SCL-CG