Platform Engineer, Kubernetes
Boston, MA (will consider remote candidates)
At Wayfair, we are looking to strengthen and grow our infrastructure team by bringing on board talented platform engineers. We are a small focused team tasked with modernizing Wayfair’s infrastructure with the goal of improving developer velocity and scalability. For this role, we are looking for engineers who can help us drive adopting containers and Kubernetes (on-prem and cloud). While you will be working on containers and Kubernetes, extensive experience is not needed as long as you are a fast learner and can demonstrate strong fundamentals in one of software engineering, site reliability, or infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, design and implement robust and scalable APIs and infrastructure automation.
- Contribute to design and implementation of CI/CD on top of Kubernetes / cloud platforms.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud within Wayfair.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience of server-side software engineering experience (Java or Go or Perl or Python etc) and/or
- 3+ years of experience in infrastructure roles with strong fundamentals in Linux.
- 3+ years of experience operating with TCP/IP, load-balancing, security and operating production environments.
- Involvement in some on-premise to cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy.