Senior Operations Analyst, 3D Ops
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers shop for furniture & home goods using cutting edge tech. The 3D Operations team is a new and rapidly growing team at Wayfair that builds the assets that power our Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Photoreal imagery experience on site and on mobile. We’re growing FAST, and are now a top-3 strategic priority for Wayfair. We run lean & agile, and are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, dogged determination to win, and passion for driving digital solutions that will change the way a billion people shop online. Every role in the group is roughly 50% scale and 50% innovation, and every role contributes to solving problems that have never been solved before. If we succeed, we’ll fundamentally change e-commerce – we’re looking for folks excited by this challenge. Some examples of what our teams work on – How can we industrialize the “art” behind 3D model creation? How do we use Machine Learning and automation to reduce cost and improve quality of 3D models? The 3D Operations team is looking for an organized and forward-thinking senior operations analyst to support all workstreams, namely, automated modeling & imagery, manual modeling & imagery. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role, working closely with our internal stakeholders: Account Management (US and Europe), Business Development, Product Management, Business Intelligence, Finance, Image Analytics and Data Science. The ideal candidate will be able to able to thrive in ambiguity, have an innovative mindset, constantly prioritize work to support key business initiatives, measure and make thoughtful recommendations to improve our business efficiency, effectiveness and drive improvement initiatives across all 3D processes to ensure that maximum value is delivered to the business.
What You'll Do
- You'll be working cross-functionally across levels and across teams to identify and execute on efficiency opportunities.
- You'll be working closely with the account management and business development teams to understand their major pain-points and work towards developing short and long term solves for them.
- You'll be value stream mapping complex and/or pilot process, developing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), determining success rates, collecting & analyzing results and developing clear reports to present to senior leadership.
- You'll be working closely with the product management team to evaluate opportunities, prioritize and execute on projects that continuously improve our customers' and other external partners' experience. You'll also be working on projects that will be aimed at increasing internal process efficiencies, reducing overall cross-functional team effort by eliminating "wastes" in processes.
- You'll be working with the Business Intelligence team and the Imagery analytics team to provide requirements for creating complex SQL scripts, develop reports and dashboards to demonstrate process efficiencies and throughput, real time or historically.
- You'll be working closely with Finance and demand/forecasting teams to document invoices, understand costs and support them by managing certain aspects of the P&L. You'll also be building longer term automated process and dashboards that helps us view this real-time.
- You'll be living and breathing Lean and Agile, be a thought leader, have an entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable with ambiguity- when processes are not clearly defined. You'll also act as a change management leader.
- You'll be responsible for escalating operational related issues/disconnects during stand-ups and other relevant meetings and clearly document them in the meeting's pre-read/agenda- All our meetings always have a pre-read attached to them so stakeholders can get right to the discussion points.
- You'll prioritize projects by tying them into the higher-level team OKRs (Objective and Key Results).
- Driving recommendations for and execution of strategic 3D initiatives.
What You'll Need
- 4-year degree in Engineering (preferably Industrial Engineering, Logistics or other operations related fields) or STEM or business concentration. Master's degree is a plus
- At-least 2-3 years of work experience in a high change environment and experience leading process-improvement projects cross-functionally.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel - ability to do quick and scrappy analyses. Proficient in other MS Office tools and G-suite tools.
- Analytical, data-driven, problem-solving mindset with ability to find creative solutions.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and ability to summarize data in visual formats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity / proficiency with SQL is a plus. Ability to write simple SQL scripts and manipulate existing scripts.
- Results-driven, organized team player with strong emphasis on communication and agility.
- Six Sigma Experience or experience with agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
- No 3D experience necessary, but an interest in and experience with cutting edge technology is a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: