Pop-Up Shop Store Manager
Who We Are
As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, our Pop-Up Shops will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused brick & mortar experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction. We are seeking enthusiastic and goal-oriented individuals to represent Wayfair in an upcoming Pop-Up Shop near you!
This is a Full-Time Contract Role, which will require a commitment of no more than 40 hours per week (Monday-Sunday) from July 18th - November 1st, 2019.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with Experiential Marketing and Merchandise teams to bring the Pop-Up vision to life.
- Own staffing of the sales floor – both for customer assistance and service as well as tactical needs (restocking shelves, updating store layout, in-store visual merchandising).
- Oversee inventory management of the store with focus on reduction of carrying costs and cost of goods and ensuring rapid turnover of items on the retail floor.
- Provide regular reporting to senior leadership on program progress and business results
- Address and extinguish any escalated customer issues.
- Co-manage the staff and provide quick and direct feedback to underperforming team members
- Research trends, opportunities and competitors to discover new ways to improve customer experience.
- Create a vibrant store culture while leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team of retail specialists to create a fun, personalized, memorable and unique experience for customers.
What You’ll Need
- Availability to work July 18th - November 1, 2019.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule e.g. working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Comfort working in a physical environment with capacity for standing up to 8 hours, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs., bending, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to rapidly adopt and use technology (both traditional and non-traditional retail) including the use of online tools, mobile and other electronic devices.
- 4+ years of experience in a retail or customer-facing environment and 2+ years of experience leading teams.
- Ability to timely and efficiently communicate synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to “hit the ground running” and to adapt to changing needs of the business and changing priorities; thrives in a startup atmosphere.
- Proven ability to take ownership and accountability for establishing processes that ensure a consistent quality customer experience while achieving revenue/profitability goals.
- Strong organization, planning, multi-tasking, problem/conflict resolution, listening, interpersonal communications, and follow up skills.
- Strong independent judgment skills as well as the ability to make effective decisions quickly, with effective analytical skills.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is “right” for the customer.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Must be at least 18 years old.