Product Replacement Parts Operations Manager
Manager: Replacement Parts Operations
Wayfair has more than 8,500 suppliers helping us reinvent how customers shop for all things home. The Replacement Part Operations team focuses on resolving issues pertaining to replacement parts for already fulfilled orders. We are looking for an energetic leader who understands the value in providing a streamlined resolution for customers and suppliers alike. This role allows you to own the post-order customer experience by working with multiple business partners to find solutions that are low-cost, quick and amenable to all parties.
The Replacement Parts Team Manager is responsible for team performance, targeting opportunity areas for individuals as well as the team. You will work closely with upper management to drive KPIs while developing staff and driving projects. The ideal candidate has a proven aptitude for people management, is a quick learner, can work efficiently, and is detail-oriented. As this is an evolving team with a fast-paced workload, successful team members have a proclivity toward putting the customer first, looking for the most efficient and cost-effective solution for both the customer and Wayfair.
The Order Management Operations team is organized into small groups that build relationships with suppliers, analyze the root cause of operational problems and partner with other Wayfair departments to leverage technology and continuously improve the experience for our customers. This is a role with tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact on the success of the company and for growth within the Order Management Operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Through your Assistant Managers and Team Leaders you will direct a team of 12-15 employees who are responsible for daily transactional work, customer interaction and coaching suppliers on process and procedure
- Contact customers once their replacement parts resolution strategy has been finalized
- Deliver consistently on progress and KPIs, to Senior Manager and Director of department
- Work cross functionally with Boston-based teams to improve vendor relationships and processes
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our teams and suppliers more efficient and effective while always remaining focused on the customer experience
- Assist in planning long-term human resource needs for the Replacement Parts Operations team and participate in the interviewing/hiring process
- Analyze and develop reports on monthly performance trends that clearly articulate milestones to senior leadership and establishes processes to continue improvement
- Grow junior members of the management team with coaching and regular developmental meetings and write and administer performance reviews
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years in staff management / Retail, Finance, Customer Service experience advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and Excel skills – SQL knowledge a plus, must be comfortable with learning new tools and software
- Ability to simultaneously drive both team performance and ongoing projects to achieve stated long and short term department goals
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to motivate others