Senior PR Associate
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, data-driven Public Relations Associate to join its corporate communications team. This role is an exciting opportunity to support the company’s external communications efforts with research, reporting, content development, media relations, and more. The ideal Senior PR Associate is strong in both quantitative and qualitative analyses, thrives in fast-paced environments and is a critical thinker – never satisfied with the status quo. Candidates should be hyper-focused on measurement and innately curious with a passion for technology and corporate story telling. The role will report into the Public Relations Manager at Wayfair’s Boston headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for business, technology and trade media coverage; manage ongoing tracking
- Use data-driven insights to educate and align with internal partners
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to support corporate communications efforts
- Manage content development on corporate social media channels, as well as timely updates on Wayfair press site
- Monitor industry news; create weekly recaps looking specifically at retail, ecommerce and technology media
- Compile and manage media lists to support news and campaigns
- Manage trade media relations and support tech and business media relations
- Identify relevant pitch angles, contribute ideas for proactive story lines to help drive media coverage
- Support aspects of day-to-day PR, including event coordination, awards and speaking submissions, etc.
What You'll Need
- 2+ years’ experience in technology and B2B public relations and/or marketing
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment
- Excel prowess enabling you to slice data and tell your story in different ways
- Interest and experience in managing social media channels
- Self-starter focused on delivering results and growing the business every day
- Critical thinker who is flexible and open to change and new information
- Grasps new information, recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development and seeks feedback
- Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.