Warehouse Team Lead
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Dedicated Operations team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- The Warehouse Team Lead will assist your supervisor with managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse, warehouse associates, and ensuring smooth operations of all activities.
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading the team.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product.
- Conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (e.g. Time clocks)
- Answer email/verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving and oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
What You’ll Need
- Leadership and motivational skills and the ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense.
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO).
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
- 2+ working experience.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Working understanding of WMS system. Understanding of High Jump is a plus.