Manager - Promotions Optimization Platform
Manager, Wayfair Promotions Platform
The Promotions Platform team is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial and detail-oriented Manager to help create and manage new shopping experiences across all Wayfair brands and geographies. The Promotions Platform team tests, scales and manages innovative promotional experiences to engage our customers across our media channels. As a strong Manager, you play an important role at the intersection of Promo business strategy, marketing and technology. You will oversee the lifecycle of promotional products from vision through production, ensuring automation projects achieve milestones in a timely manner and positively impact the business. You will work with a cross-functional team of Wayfairians from Product, Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Data Science, Business Intelligence.
Successful candidates for this role are able to drive direction/vision with Product and Pricing Engineering teams, work cross-functionally with a vast variety of teams, excel at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving, and possess strong senior presence and communication skills.
If you’re entrepreneurial, analytical and eager to make an immediate impact, then we are looking for you to join our Promotions Platform Team at Wayfair!
- Translate our business vision/strategy into a platform automation roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Optimize the automated platforms by understanding the existing promo experience & processes, designing new tests to improve the quality of the experience
- Build strong relationships with our cross-functional partners (Product, Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing, Data Science, Business Intelligent), to ensure consistent prioritization across the roadmaps and accomplish the projects in a timely manner
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our platform in ways that matter most to our customers and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Monitor performance of the platforms and measure impact of the automated enhancements
- Manage a small team of associates to build and execute the initiatives that make those come to life
- Bachelor’s degree; 4-6+ years in an e-commerce, product management, technology marketing, management consulting, or related function
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills and a track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources; proven ability dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- The ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments; Experience taking ambiguous goals and formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
- Demonstrated ability to manage a (project) team and produce strong results, particularly when presented with autonomy to drive priorities and business impact in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Articulate and persuasive written and verbal communication skills and excellent stakeholder management abilities; experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for new projects
- The ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; you’re as comfortable defining vision and goals as well as you are executing
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
About the Promotions Platform Team:
The Promotions Platform team is responsible for creating, testing and scaling promotional experiences. We oversee a platform of innovative promotional products that range in maturity (some very early MVP concepts and some automated, productionized ones). We act as a connective tissue to key partners (i.e. product, pricing, email marketing).
Promotions Platform is part of the larger North American Promotions team within the Global Brand organization, which is responsible for catapulting Wayfair into a leading and compelling brand of choice. The broader organization includes Brand Development, Creative, Promotions and Curated Merchandising.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.Tag: