Senior Manager, Order Management Operations
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to grow and direct strategy for our Order Management Operations Team. If you are a management consultant interested in directing your own teams, this position is for you.
You will be responsible for leading a group of managers who oversee our front line teams. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and process improvement skills as well as a strong track record of managing productive teams. Due to the high visibility this position would have to senior leadership, you must possess a strong, confident senior presence throughout the organization and experience managing managers. The ideal candidate for this job has strong leadership experience in a metrics driven environment and is motivated to work in and maintain a positive culture. We’re looking for an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in our fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
This position is based in Brunswick, ME but will require periodic travel to other Wayfair sites including our headquarters in Boston, MA.
- Lead the Maine-Based Supply Chain Integration Team
- Create and drive strategic roadmaps, in collaboration with peers, for transactional operations teams managing Supplier Onboarding, Supplier Inventory Compliance and Frontline Freight Management
- Work strategically with suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model
- Deliver consistently on progress and KPIs, to Director and VP of department
- Collaborate with management, peers and direct reports to drive meaningful results
- Analyze and develop reports on monthly performance trends that clearly articulate milestones to senior leadership and establishes processes to continue improvement
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our team and suppliers more efficient and effective while always remaining focused on the customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 3+ years strategy/management consulting experience preferred
- 5+ years of senior management experience with proven success developing your management team
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and “get it done” attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and headquarters teams
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities
- Ability to keep multiple functions moving forward at once