Hardware & Computing Engineer
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the ecommerce space. We’re committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. We are growing at a lightning-fast pace and are looking for a leader in the desktop engineering space. .
This position is located in our Global Headquarters at Copley Place in downtown Boston, with minimal travel. This position is part of our IT department.
The IT Assets team has a mission to consistently provide a high level of service to Wayfair IT and to the rest of Wayfair. We partner with our Strategic Procurement team to ensure that our department can meet the needs of our ever expanding employee base. We have added more than 20 locations in the past year, which is evident of how quickly we ensure new locations are stocked accordingly with IT equipment, while also keeping up with the demand of our existing offices.
Who you are:
- Are a self starter and enjoy working with hardware and have a high degree of knowledge on multiple operating systems. (Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS)
- Maintain knowledge of current software and hardware landscape, assisting in the procurement of new hardware/software, while adhering to our asset lifecycle
- Identify trends in hardware and software asks coming through the IT department
- Can quickly adapt to fast paced, quickly growing end user base with different objectives
- Have experience tracking a multitude of assets globally
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Have experience creating and updating task sequences to meet the needs of our end users
- Work cross functionally and globally to instill process improvements for our department and for the entire company
What you have:
- A BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university OR 3-5 year work experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience with Computing hardware or related field
- Strong understanding of all desktop application (Mac OS administration, Windows OS administration, SCCM, Microsoft o365, etc…)
- Experience using different Asset tracking systems (i.e. ServiceNow, Jamf Pro)
- Experience coordinating the collection & disposal of idle assets & protect against liabilities.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Tag: