Database Administrator 3
Employer: Wayfair LLC
Title: Database Administrator 3
Location: 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 /
500 Boylston Street, Suite 202, Boston, MA 02116
Duties: Manage database security and permissions across multiple environments by applying knowledge of database management systems. Serve as technical expert for SQL Server and MySQL relational databases. Drive best practices around use and troubleshooting across the engineering organization. Improve management, deployment, capacity planning, and uptime of customer-facing mission-critical systems through better monitoring tools and self-healing automation. Ensure engineers and other internal users can easily use databases to find the information they need and that the systems perform as expected. Monitor database performance and perform performance-tuning support. Ensure organizational and customer data is secure. Backup and restore data to prevent data loss. Ensure the reliability and integrity of database backups to meet business recovery point objectives. Identify user needs to create and administer databases. Ensure databases operate efficiently and without error. Make and test modifications to database structure when needed. Implement technologies to support master/slave data architecture including transactional replication and change tracking. Review and execute T-SQL code submitted by various engineering team. Contribute to our internal knowledge base by documenting operational workflows and troubleshooting guides. Support an environment with a mix of high availability and disaster recovery solution (Availability Groups, Failover Cluster Instances, log shipping). Proactively monitor and resolve database alerts. Triage database health and performance issues and trouble shoot database outages as they occur. Automate routine DBA tasks using scripting such as PowerShell. Take on initiative to automate server build, replication, self-service tools for customers. Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation approximately one week out of three months.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a directly related field plus five (5) years of experience as a hands-on SQL Server Database Administrator or similar role. Experience must include:
Five (5) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Data structures, algorithms, programming/scripting languages, or relational database design and concepts
- SQL Server performance tuning methodologies
- Optimizing SQL Server database code
- Working on cross-functional teams on projects including server migrations, version upgrades, or shared development environment refreshers
- Hands-on demonstrable experience using T-SQL
- SQL Server troubleshooting
- Collecting, monitoring, and analyzing SQL Server systems performance data
- Implementing HA and DR solutions available within SQL Server using AGs, FCIs, or log shipping.
Three (3) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Supporting an SQL Server transactional replication environment
- Microsoft PowerShell to automate DBA functions
Two (2) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- SQL Server in a cloud environment
- EMC storage products
Please submit resumes to Wayfair LLC, A. Goldman, 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 or via https://www.wayfaircareers.com/jobs/4310899002?lang=en-us, Job Code: 1005943.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Tag: ENGR-INFR