Creative Technologist, Wayfair Next
What the Team Does:
Wayfair Next is tasked with envisioning and implementing creative experiences that aim to shape the future of eCommerce. We apply emerging technologies to existing customer challenges on current platforms. We view the landscape of customer problems and opportunity from a wide perspective, with a technology lens, allowing us to identify uncommon applications of technology from one corner to solve a problem in another. We aim to not only adapt to trends in customer behavior, we hope to dictate them.
What You’ll Do:
- Explore and develop concepts with emerging technologies, such as new user interaction technologies or augmented environments.
- Deliver engaging customer experiences using the latest technologies.
- Coordinate and support efforts with external technology partners.
- Provide technical guidance and collaborate across business strategy and creative teams through design, implementation, launch, and maintenance.
- Clearly communicate project status, risks and challenges.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Help define what the future of eCommerce can (and should) look like.
- Coordinate with many internal stakeholders as a trusted partner in managing sponsored projects through the prototyping phase as well as guiding them through hand-off process.
- Work together with a tight-knit, collaborative group of hands-on creative technologists to surface and build new and exciting software/hardware installations.
- Fluent in C#, Python, C++ or any other OO related language, we use the right tool for the right job and this varies between projects.
- At least 2+ years of professional programming experience
- You have an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent with at least 2 years of professional development experience or at least 2+ years of full-time software development experience.
- Not just an engineer, you are an entrepreneur. You aren’t just thinking about how to do something you are thinking about what comes next and why.
- Excited by emerging technologies and curious about how to apply them to real world problems.
- A technology-focused professional who understands the creative process and is good at prototyping early, facilitating prototype testing and implementing changes.
- A creative engineer with a broad range of skills in your toolbox, one who is not afraid to jump into an area not yet previously explored.