Senior Product Manager, Small Parcel Network
Senior Product Manager – Small Parcel Network
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Intelligence - Small Parcel Network team is responsible for enabling Wayfair’s small parcel network of carriers, logistics, operations, and Fulfillment Centers to deliver Wayfair’s products to our customers across North America. We achieve this by creating and maintaining strong partnerships with our operations teams to understand company strategy for delivering Wayfair’s products to more people cheaper and faster. With this information, we then partner with internal and external product partners and engineering teams to design and build the functionality that drives successful outcomes and achieve business value.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the strategy and delivery of solutions that support the rapid growth and expansion of Wayfair’s growing and complex supply chain network.
- Manage a small group of Product Managers to ensure a collective vision and executes the initiatives that drive value within our Small Parcel Network, while building a culture that is tolerant of risk-taking and incredibly fun to be a part of.
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition while communicating performance metrics.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features.
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience and 1+ year managing product managers
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages.
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Partner with Small Parcel Operations leadership to define the process they use to manage our carrier network, and design and build the tools that allows Operations to scale while improving on time performance for customer deliveries.
- Build systems to improve and surface real time information about network availability and utilization, to enable improved transportation routing logic that optimizes for delivery speed, performance, and cost.
- Invest internally to unify potentially redundant services and reduce the effort and time taken when Wayfair integrates with new carrier capabilities.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.