Senior Software Engineer (L3)- Finance Engineering
Senior Software Engineer- Finance Engineering
We are building a financial platform that operates at Wayfair’s scale of growth across the US, UK, and EU. Thinking outside the box to apply innovative solutions is not only encouraged, but expected. Technology on our team is growing at an accelerating pace as we rethink what it means to provide actionable insight to every line of business within Wayfair, as well as our external suppliers and partners. We learn from rapid experimentation alongside our project managers and business stakeholders, and aggressively use our data to drive our decision making. We are looking for new ideas from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences, and encourage innovation at all levels.
What You'll Do
- Grow your professional network within Wayfair Engineering and the industry.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them “level up” and become more proficient by example, tech talks, pairing, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various tradeoffs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability.
- Provide high quality code reviews and technically complex architectural designs.
- Bring in new ideas from other internal teams as well as external best practices.
- Participate with leadership in making decisions around roadmaps.
- Collaborate well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders.
What You'll Need
- Mastery of a server side programming language (PHP and python preferred but not required).
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery.
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
- Proficient in designing systems at scale.
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
- Proficient in a frontend framework (React preferred but not required).
- Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.